Created on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 12:59 Published Date Hits: 596
“Over the past 30 years the Republican Party has adopted extremely conservative positions that threaten our country, society and future. Following is a listing of Republican positions voters should ponder before casting their vote Nov. 6. Voting for any Republican is an endorsement of these positions.
• It takes extreme positions and misleads Americans about the importance and role of taxes in government.
• It provided refuge and support for several million racists following enactment of the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act in 1964 and 1965.
• It spreads falsehoods and misinformation about deadly serious carbon pollution and climate change that endangers our economy, environment and planet.
• It consistently favors commercial development over protecting the environment.
• It disparages science as a basis for sound decision making.
• It equates money with free speech, supports the Citizens United decision, and resists all efforts to control campaign contributions.
• It opposes collective bargaining, the minimum wage, and other efforts to improve the lives of workers.
• It encourages citizens to fear and distrust their elected government, especially the federal government.
• It persists in trying to privatize and otherwise dispose of our public lands.
• It opposes trails and other alternative modes of transportation.
• It consistently opposes any regulation of business regardless of consequences.
• It consistently opposes social programs benefitting the poor, old and disadvantaged.
• It is oblivious to the 50 million Americans who lack health insurance.
• It is a party of business and the wealthy; others in its ranks are there only to provide votes.”